Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Full Heart, Full Hands




I haven't been writing so much lately. “Life” is in full swing and it has been difficult to get a block of quiet time. I thought about sharing my weekly schedule with you, but then I thought of my beautiful daughter-in-law who spends her days on the road, delivering and collecting children from different schools and varying extra-curricular events and I thought to myself, “Quit whining! You're not the only one who ever tried to fit 10 pounds of stuff into a 5 pound bag ... YOU, Princess, can do all things through Messiah who strengthens you! Get with the program.”

So, here I sit, staring at the electronic 'empty sheet of paper' before me and wondering what words will appear on the screen.

Quite frankly, an event a couple of weeks ago has left me feeling empty and faded from technicolor to shades of gray. Yes, I have prayed. Yes, I have given it to my Father. (OK, I may have taken it back a time or two.) I have trusted Him for guidance, I have trusted Him for healing, but still the peace hasn't come. And now, now that I want the luxury of brooding time, it just ain't happening. Maybe that's the Father's way of lopping off some dead wood.

Y'shua faced many such obstacles. There were times when He was not believed by His own family. Times when His best friends betrayed Him. Times when the very ones who were looking for Him rejected Him. Times when His mission and His humanity were at odds with each other. The Word says He was tempted in all ways, just as we are; yet, He did not sin. This is how He gained victory over sin, death and the grave. He had to have wrangled over every sin that faces us, otherwise He could not claim victory over it and provide us an avenue of healing.

So, I will keep believing for my spiritual and emotional healing. I'll keep trusting the One who created me that what I am going through has a purpose. I'll keep believing that the refiner's fire is burning away the dross in me. I'll keep choosing to love and choosing to forgive, because my own salvation depends on it. I'll keep praying for wisdom and guidance, strength and stability.

And I WILL have peace, because He has put His Name on me (see Numbers 6:24-27) and He will fill me with shalom, because He is the Sar Shalom (the Prince of Peace) and I live for Him.

Shalom b'shem Sar Shalom / Peace in the Name of the Prince of Peace,
--yocheved

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I know the feeling all to well. What stands out about Yahshua's obstacles and crowding of people while trying to minister is the story of the woman who just touched his garment for healing. Despite the crowds of people, He knew she was hurting and He knew she reached out and her faith healed her. She was willing to lay out her situation in front of everyone; I think all she saw was her Master though. Your faith in our Master will heal you sister. As we touch the piece of His garment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know as well. Just came through one myself. The brit this week John 15 ( I am the vine and you are the branches) as I studied I realized that pruning makes us stronger because the branch that holds the fruit has to become more mature and stronger in order to produce that much fruit that the father ( husbandman) wants for us. No matter it is still an unpleasant experience. I will be praying extra for you.

    ReplyDelete